Friday, August 7, 2015

Challenging Yourself and Trey Ratcliff's Photowalk!

Hello Everyone,
   
      The last few weeks have been rather transformative, As I immerse myself in this journey, I realized that I am not longer fearful of my mistakes. Every failure or misstep in capturing an image is a building block to success. I have practiced some abstract work, some different editing techniques and I finally practiced Long Exposure technique. With a greater understanding of exposure, aperture and the lighting around you I am posting a photo taken at Astoria Park of the Triboro Bridge. The long exposure technique is the most challenging that I have tried. Let's get into the process.
1) Sturdy Tripod- Without this your camera will move. Every.Single. Time.
2) Intimate knowledge of your camera's modes outside of the Auto Setting. For these shots I used Shutter and Aperture Priority mode, I set the shutter speed to 15, 25 and 30 seconds and compared values for each. Because there was ample lighting on the bridge, the photo came out quite vibrant! For my other photos Aperture Priority allows me to control
3) Patience- You will screw up many times.
     I also attended +Trey Ratcliff 's New York City Photowalk, and I truly believe that the more you shoot the more you learn about yourself. There are the technical aspects of photography that have caused me to move up from an entry level camera, but there is also the way that I see the world. I believe that I had a command over my aperture, I did some long exposure, I did some HDR and the use of symmetrical composition is paramount to creating photos that you remember. The last few weeks have been memorable and below are a few of my photos. Please visit seansphotobridge.smugmug.com to see all of my work compiled together!




No comments:

Post a Comment